Monday, April 2, 2012

My Most Embarrassing Moment

Student teaching is a rewarding experience for a future teacher. I student taught in Newport, Rhode Island at Rogers High School. This school is considered to be in an urban setting; there were many students who gave me a hard time. I was excited but nervous to be in charge of my own classroom and to be left alone with the students for the first time.

One day, I brought a technology station into my classroom. I was afraid that something would go wrong and I would not be able to do my lesson, however that was not the case. I finished the lesson and it was successful, so I felt I could breathe a sigh of relief. However, there were many cords and plugs because of the mobile station. I was walking in my high heels moving in front of the station and suddenly, my heel got caught on a cord. As I began to fall, my hands reached for the table and without thinking I started to curse. The class clown heard me and exclaimed, “Ms. Bernot! You said ‘Sh*t’!” I denied it, but turned red from shock and continued walking. To this day, I am cautious when there are cords and backpacks on the floor in my classroom.


Vocabulary Words

Student teaching- the time when a teacher candidate is given the experience to teach in a classroom as the lead teacher

Rewarding- satisfying, valuable

Urban- city

A sigh of relief- to be relaxed and take a deep breath

To curse- to say a bad word

Cautious- careful

Vocabulary Activity
Create a sentence or a question using each vocabulary word. Use the blog to assist you.

Grammar point
The past tense is used for completed actions that happened in the past.
To form a regular verb in the past tense you add the suffix –ed to the ending (finish→ finished). However, there are however many irregulars especially in this blog (teach→ taught; give→gave).

Grammar Activity

Re-write the blog using ONLY the present tense. Be aware of the changes to be made to the verbs.
For additional help visit this website http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/irregular-verbs/

No comments:

Post a Comment